Lady gaga “speaks out” against bullying
Macklemore “speaks out” against homophobia
Kanye “goes on a rant” about racism.
Kanye “goes on a rant” about George Bush.
Coded language don’t really be coded tho.
Nicki Minaj “goes on a rant” about sexism.
Oop oop oopity oop did someone drop a bunch of truth over here?
Kai’s “controversial” poem. This topic I can definitely relate to as someone who was told in high school that I “act white” because I got straight A’s, and in college, “I thought you were stupid until you spoke” because I’m black. (Had to compress it all crazy to get it to upload to Tumblr. It had to be removed from “other outlets” due to verbal content. But what happens on Tumblr, stays on Tumblr.) … ;-)
god can i marry this person
I think I wanna be your best friend, yeah
I HATE it when people ask me, “Oh, so you think you so fancy ‘cause you read the news and use big words?”
Oh my bad, sorry I don’t give a shit about trivial things but if you do, that’s cool because that’s your decision and I totally respect that.
Brazil June 17, 2013
1. A military police officer pepper sprays a protester during a demonstration in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Monday, June 17, 2013. (Victor R. Caivano/AP)
2. Protestors are reflected on the glass of a building, left, as they march in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Monday, June 17, 2013. Protests in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and other Brazilian cities, set off by a 10-cent hike in public transport fares, have clearly moved beyond that issue to tap into widespread frustration in Brazil about a heavy tax burden, politicians widely viewed as corrupt and woeful public education, health and transport systems and come as the nation hosts the Confederations Cup soccer tournament and prepares for next month’s papal visit. (Felipe Dana/AP)
3. Demonstrators march in Rio de Janeiro downtown on June 17, 2013, against higher public transportation fares and the use of public funds to disrupt international football tournaments. (Christophe Simon/AFP/Getty Images)
4. Demonstrators face riot police during one of the many protests around Brazil’s major cities in Belo Horizonte June 17, 2013. (Pedro Vilela/Reuters)
5. Demonstrators shout anti-government slogans behind a banner during one of many protests around Brazil’s major cities in Sao Paulo June 17, 2013. (Alex Almeida/Reuters)
6. A demonstrator shouts at police during a protests in front of the Brazilian National Congress in Brasilia, Brazil, Monday, June 17, 2013. (Eraldo Peres/AP)
7. Policemen arrest students during a protest at the National Congress, on June 17, 2013 in Brasilia. (Evaristo Sa/AFP/Getty Images)
8. A demonstrator argues with police during a protest against the Confederation’s Cup and the government of Brazil’s President Dilma Rousseff in Brasilia June 17, 2013. (Ueslei Marcelino/Reuters)
9. Protestors march in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on June 17, 2013. (Felipe Dana/AP)
10. A demonstrator waves a Brazilian flag by a burning a car in downtown Rio de Janeiro June 17, 2013. (Sergio Moraes/Reuters)
this is a good post on top of the importance of the events happening in brazil rn because it actually gives credit to the photographers, their agencies, and the captions. a+
protests rockin the world atm